Using an electric smoker can be a great way to prepare delicious food at home. Unlike charcoal smoker that needs to be monitored closely, electric smokers make it possible to slow cook meat without checking on them constantly. Just season the smoker, choose the perfect time and temperature, and let the smoker take care of your food. But what if you have pit boss electric smoker, you might be wondering how to use pit boss, electric smoker. Fortunately, electric smoker of various kinds is similar to one another; hence you no need to get worried about it. Here is the quick guide to using pit boss electric smoker.
3 Steps to Use Pit Boss Electric Smoker
If you do not know how to use pit boss, electric smoker, then no need to worry about it much because here we have provided you with the easiest ways to cook meat on pit boss electric smoker. Do not forget to follow the steps sequentially.
Setting up Pit Boss Electric Smoker
Setting up pit boss electric smoker is the first and foremost step to be considered. Now the matter is what you need to do for it. Here are the sequential steps that you need to follow for setting up pit boss electric smoker.
If you are using the smoker for the very first time, then you need to season your smoker before using it. For seasoning, heat the smoker at the highest temperature for 10-15 minutes and then let it cool. After the smoker gets cool, take a cotton cloth and put some cooking or vegetable oil on it and clean the interior of the smoker using that cloth. Heat it again, and here you’ll be done with seasoning.
- Every time you use the smoker, you need to preheat the smoker. For preheating, press the power on/off button, but do not forget to mention time and temperature because, without them, your smoker will not turn on.
- Chip trays are located on the bottom right corner of most of the electric smokers. You might be wondering why I’m telling you this. Right? Because you need to put wood chips in the tray, you have to put four cups after every 3-5 hours.
- Place a container full of water in the chamber of the smoker. This will help to keep your meat moist.
Smoking meat contains the following steps to make a lump of juicy and delicious meat for your evening party or candle night dinner.
Marinade your meat well for adding more flavours to your meat. It is recommended to keep marinade meat for a few hours.
- Use a spatula for placing the meat in the smoker. Place the meat directly in the grill, arrange the meat according to the racks order.
- Close and lock the door of the smoker firmly. If you do not do this, smoke or heat, keep getting out, and your meat will stay rotten.
- Keep an eye on time and temperature according to the food and keep putting water and woodchips after intervals of time
- After cooking your meat, its time to take rest for you and your food as well. This will cool down your meat and gives it more juicy and delicious flavours.
- Wait for a while, and enjoy your meal! 🙂
Cleaning Pit Boss Electric Smoker
After having a great meal, its time to clean your smoker. For cleaning all you need is
- Scrubber/ soft brush
- Clean cloth
- Dish soap
- Warm water
Let your smoker cool down and then remove all the removable objects. Then use a soft brush to clean the debris and residue.
- Make a mixture of warm soapy water and put it in a spray bottle. Then spray it in the smoker and wait for a while.
- After waiting, take a clean cloth and wipe off all the moisture inside the smoker.
- Use warm soapy water to clean the smoker from outside and let it shine.
You have surely heard that prevention is better than cure. Hence for using electric smoker you also need to pay attention and be patient. But taking precautions would be the best. Here are some safety measures that you have to observe while using and cleaning the electric smoker
- Clean smoker after every use
- For cleaning protect your face and hands by wearing a mask and gloves.
- Wear gloves for using the smoker
Here is the quick guide about using and cleaning pit boss electric smoker. You should opt for these ways and get the best of what you want from pit boss electric smoker. Moreover, it is necessary to take precautionary measures like you need to cover your face and hands with masks and gloves if you want specific methods of cleaning an electric smoker. You must observe how to clean an electric smoker